Friday, July 27, 2007

Le Tour de Syringe


I've been a Tour De France fan since '86 when Greg LeMond came from 59 seconds back on the last competative stage of the race to become the 1st ever American to win what is arguably the worlds toughest sporting event. I was then in France at Alp de Huez to see Lance win his 2nd of seven tours. But this year's absolute farce or a drug scarred scandal fest has pretty much made me swear off the sport. I mean, they told these guys they were testing for everything.

And yet still, every day another guy gets the boot for drugs.

It's so bad that they rode off for todays stage of the tour with no leader at all. I can't say in watching the tour the last 20 years I can recall that ever happened.

I like sports, but I like fair play more. It makes me sick. I'm gonna turn to a good, clean, honest, drug free sport. Like professional wrestling.

No comments: