Thursday, June 28, 2007

Your Shul is on HBO


OK, probably more like 'my shul', but nonetheless. One of those funny things about my liberal Jewish upbringing was that in order to stay motivated to keep learning Torah past the age of 13, my giant uber-Reform synagogue in LA posted your Confirmation photo on the wall in the hallway. And my mother was on that wall. My grandfather was on that wall. So I had to be on the wall. After I made the wall, it seemed kind of silly. Until now.

In HBO's 'Entourage' last week (episode 44 'The First Cut is the Deepest') super agent Ari Gold is trying to get his son into a posh private school. HBO used my synagogue as the location! And my photo on the wall makes it into the scene.

Three years of Hebrew school. All for this. Thank you, Jeremy Piven, for validating my Judaism.

No comments: